Before developing an app, it's helpful to understand how apps are installed and configured by Willow customers.
Marketplace Apps are typically developed by Willow's technology partners. These Apps are available to all of Willow's customers to be installed at their sites.
The above diagram shows that Marketplace Apps are installed and configured at the site level. The same Marketplace App can be installed at multiple sites within the same customer portfolio or at different sites across customers.
Custom Apps are typically developed by Willow's customers. These Apps are private and only available to be installed at their own sites.
The above diagram shows that Custom Apps are installed and configured at the site level. A Custom App can be installed at multiple sites within the same customer portfolio, but cannot be installed at different sites across customers.
Willow customers with the administrator role first install an app at the site by authenticating to the external system and then configure the app by providing values for the configuration fields.
Here are the steps for installing and configuring an app at the site level:
- Login to Willow as an administrator and Select a Site
- Navigate to App Menu in the upper left and select the Marketplace App Icon
- Browse for and select the desired app, and select the Install button
- Complete the login process with the external system
- Navigate to the Configuration tab of the app and complete the required fields.